Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Celebration!

Happy Christmas – for the Christians, Happy Hanukkah – for the Jews, Happy Eid Al Fitr – for the Muslims and Happy Winter Solstice for everyone else on the Northern Hemisphere! (Just forget the inaccuracy of the dates for a moment)

When the light conquers darkness, when the sun comes back and the days become longer, hope also returns. Forget SAD – everything goes, even the greatest threats can be mastered...

greed, selfishness, ruthlessness, exploitation of Earth and people, carelessness for the future, stupidity based on focusing just on the next moment, on the next prey to grab...

isn’t that the “spirit of christmas” and most other light-festivals to get over that?

So again to everyone on the Northern Hemisphere:

Happy Winter Solstice!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again: A "froehliche Weinacht" to you, my friend. (Hope I spelled it right!) It doesn't seem quite the same with the old Thorn Tree "stomping grounds" under lockdown now. And indeed, there's decidedly little of "peace on Earth, good will towards men" these days. But let us hope that better times are ahead. The increasing day length, inshallah, may provide sunlight sufficient to illuminate the dark recesses of my country's "government", bringing its villainous perpetrators eventually to some semblance of justice. (At least, that's *my* Christmas wish this year.) Pax!

11:11 PM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger Again said...

thank you so much, nemo, to show some sign of life - it's weird to be "isolated" from people like you

seems to me that the internet can't be a true ersatz for real world, huh?

in real world i would try to find a "workaround" to meet my friends when some communication method fails - but on the net with its pseudo-social networks...

how to do?

so wish you the best, nemo - and all my other friends...

5:34 AM, December 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love and peace Again and Nemo....to tide you through another year ending and another cold, dark period. Its going to be a beautiful new spring very soon
:)

6:36 AM, December 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel really bad I haven't been around lately. I've missed all of you very much and wonder about you a lot.

I'm so glad I stopped by and got to see three names that made me smile and remember the past.

I was so shocked to find ThornTree shut down and that I couldn't leave a comment.

Happy days ahead for all, I hope.

Brenda

8:08 AM, December 29, 2006  
Blogger Again said...

barnita, brenda, welcome here, glad to read you

barnita
beautiful new spring very soon

let us enjoy the new life, the light and the warmth - our Earth is a miracle creating little miracles every day, it's a sin not to respect her

brenda
I was so shocked to find ThornTree shut down and that I couldn't leave a comment.

it's weird, after all the months and years...

but he couldn't let it open - too much spam

8:17 AM, December 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home